Seiten

Donnerstag, 15. Mai 2014

Sewing along with Project Sewn and Sewing Indie Month + RUMS / Bei den Sew Alongs von Project Sewn und Sewing Indie Month dabei + RUMS


 
Today I'm sewing along with this week's Project Sewn Theme - Floral Frenzy. I had this somehow strange floral jersey in my stash that I got on sale last year. It has blue roses, grapes and weird colors. Nonetheless it somehow speaks to me :) I reminds me of Rocker or Punkrocker style and I happen to think that the dress that I made could be something that also the amazing Ari from Max California would like to wear. I might not be rocking it as well as she'd do, but I still like it. Might have to buy some chucks that hit over the ankle - wouldn't they be perfect with this dress?

Heute bin ich beim sew along für Project Sewn zum Thema Floral Frenzy dabei. Ich hatte diesen etwas seltsamen Blumenjersey, den ich letztes Jahr irgendwo für wenig Geld bekommen hab, in meinem Stoffstapel. Auf dem Stoff sind blaue Rosen, Trauben udn seltsame Farben. Nichtsdestotrotz find ich ihn irgendwie lässig :) Ich muss dabei immer an Rocker oder Punkrocker denken und daran, dass das Kleid das ich mir genäht habe vielleicht etwas wäre, das sogar die super-coole Ari von Max California tragen würde ;) Ich rocke das Kleid vielleicht nicht ganz so wie sie, aber ich mag's trotzdem. Vielleicht kauf ich mir noch ein Paar Chucks dazu, die erst über'm Knöchel enden - die wären doch perfekt dazu, oder?
 
The pattern is the Out and About Dress from Sew Caroline. When I had sewn my first one (maxi version), I knew that this would get a staple in my wardrobe. I really love the fit. In fact I have another one almost finished already ;) I slightly changed the pattern: I thought that a more sporty look would fit better to the fabric. So I went with a tank top variation. When you want to do so, too, don't just leave the sleeves of, but remember to make the shoulder parts smaller. I also made it a slight racerback. Another easy change - I really love how easily I can get different looks with this pattern! 

Der Schnitt ist wieder das Out and About Dress von Sew Caroline. Nachdem ich mein erstes (Maxi Version) genäht hatte, war klar, dass es davon noch mehr gibt. Das nächste ist übrigens auch schon fast fertig. Ich mag die Passform. Für diese Version, hab ich den Schnitt leicht geändert, da ich einen etwas sportlicheren look wollte. Ich hab das Oberteil in ein Tank-Top mit Racerback geändert. Wichtig ist dabei nur, dass man nicht einfach die Ärmel wegnimmt, sondern auch an den Schultern und so einiges zurückschneidet, sonst schaut das dann zu breit aus. Ich find's wirklich klasse wie leicht man sich bei diesem Schnitt lauter verschiedene Kleider zaubern kann.


Besides, linking this project to the Floral Frenzy Challenge, I also link it to two of the Sewing Indie Month Link parties, Pattern Hacking and Everyday Casual. And last, but certainly not least the obligatory RUMS link party (German link party on thursday with stuff for yourself!). Did you already sew along with one of the challenges that I mentionend in my last post?

Außer mit Project Sewn, verlink ich das hier auch noch mit zwei der link parties von Sewing Indie Month: Pattern Hacking und Everyday Casual. Außerdem darf natürlich RUMS nicht fehlen - ist ja eh klar! Habt ihr auch schon bei einem der sew alongs mitgemacht, den ich in meinem letzten Post vorgestellt habe?


And because it's so fun: A pic with my two perfect and fun little ones! You can see this dress is something momma can wear every day every time ;)

Und weil's so schön ist: Noch schnell ein Bild mit meinen zwei kleinen Schätzen. Ihr seht das Kleid macht alles mit ;)

6 Kommentare:

  1. What a fun dress! Love the fabric and the way you altered the pattern. Well done!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Wow, das sieht richtig toll aus und steht Dir richtig gut! :) Viel Freude damit liebe Annika!
    Herzallgäuerliebste Grüße *Saskia*

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. This pattern is on my to do list: I already have the fabric for it!!:) I really like your version and the alterations you created: love the fabric also, so springy. This last photo is so cute!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Hi Annika,

    I love your take on the Out and About Dress! That's a great racerback.

    Because there will be a bonus prize giveaway chosen from all the entries, sewers can only enter a garment into one category. That way there are no doubled up entries that would give someone more chances to win than anyone else.

    You're welcome to submit a different garment or outfit to each category or to submit a few garments to the same category, but not the same garment to multiple categories. You can see the rules on the sewalong hosts' announcement pages or here on my blog: http://seamsterpatterns.com/sewing-indie-month/

    Please decide which category you'd like to enter your fab dress in. Right now there are fewer entries in the Pattern Hacking category so I'd probably choose that one :)

    Best,
    Mari
    Seamster Patterns

    AntwortenLöschen

LinkWithin